Re: Andy "To-do list"

Post by robly18 »

Welp. Better go save him then.
Convincing people that 0.9999... = 1 since 2012
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

robly18 wrote:Welp. Better go save him then.
(Not to go off on too big a tangent -- since this is originally a thread about work I need to do ;) )

BUT:

Whoa, these are great! Are you just drawing the frames in paint, or what?
robly18

Post by robly18 »

Heh, no, just using this program called Easy Toon. It's a neat little thing that lets you make GIFs like those. Not without its limitations though.
You can only pain in black and white (As in, black and white only. No grey) and it's a bit hard to get the hang of at first. Still, just google it, and you'll be making crappy things like mine in no time!

But yes, I did draw them individually, sort of. The platform and nail were drawn and then I just copy pasted them on to every frame.
Convincing people that 0.9999... = 1 since 2012
A Random Player

Post by A Random Player »

robly18 wrote:Heh, no, just using this program called Easy Toon. It's a neat little thing that lets you make GIFs like those. Not without its limitations though.
You can only pain in black and white (As in, black and white only. No grey) and it's a bit hard to get the hang of at first. Still, just google it, and you'll be making crappy things like mine in no time!

But yes, I did draw them individually, sort of. The platform and nail were drawn and then I just copy pasted them on to every frame.
I recently learned about dithering, in attempting to draw something on a very low-res screen (think ~60x90 pixels). Grayscale, challenge accepted!
(:P)
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
exfret

Post by exfret »

Andy, could you please move all these posts to my new off-topic post thread?

I probably should have done this back when we were spamming my VP level thread w/ discussions about how we got our usernames. Or not. If I had, my topic might not have been so big, and my dreams of dominating the forums would have been crushed! :shock:

But, that wasn't what happened, so I still have my chance of crawling up the ranks passed even Andy and enveloping the forums with my posts! I have already passed 19683, soon Andy, and then, uh, twice Andy? Muahahahaha!!!! :twisted: *

*The twisted smily inspired my evilness. I've been wanting to use it all along. Also, the code things for the smilies are really messed up. For example :shock: should be like ":0," not ":shock:". (Not to be confused with ":o", which is the symbol for :o ).
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

exfret wrote:Andy, could you please move all these posts to my new off-topic post thread?

I probably should have done this back when we were spamming my VP level thread w/ discussions about how we got our usernames. Or not. If I had, my topic might not have been so big, and my dreams of dominating the forums would have been crushed! :shock:
Ah, interesting. I dunno, I kinda like the occasional tangent and detour - I find it makes for a fun atmosphere. (And I'd rather not get into the habit of moving things around quite yet... dictatorship it may be, but muddling around with the free press? What would the peasants think? :) )

But, yeah, we can get things back on track here.

Status Report:
-Electric Shocktopus is underway, hopefully going to be ready for sponsors in the next couple weeks.
-I'm going to start working again on the Gravity sim shortly. I might not have anything of note up before xmas, but I'll see what I can do.

Edit: Check that last one off the list! *fist pump*
exfret

Post by exfret »

testtubegames wrote:Status Report:
-Electric Shocktopus is underway, hopefully going to be ready for sponsors in the next couple weeks.
It's been a couple of weeks. Plus a day. Plus 18 hours. Plus 30 minutes. Plus give or take a few seconds.

Also, don't you think it's nearly finished now? Why not open it up to sponsors on New Year's day or something?

Edit: Don't worry: I never specified which New Year's day you could declare it finished on.
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

exfret wrote:It's been a couple of weeks. Plus a day. Plus 18 hours. Plus 30 minutes. Plus give or take a few seconds.
But who's counting, right?

Got bitten by the gravity bug after xmas, so I spent some time rattling out version 0.1 of that. And starting today, I'm knee deep in the middle of a sizeable list of improvements to Shocktopus. (Many of them courtesy of you all and your playtesting) So it's a'coming.
exfret

Post by exfret »

GSim seems to be taking longer than I expected... How much further were you planning to go with it?
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Yeah, it is taking long than I expected, too.

Two reasons for that, I suppose:
a) Everything always takes longer than you expect. I'm pretty bad at making reasonable estimates. (aka: "Assuming I hit no bugs, and everything works the first time...")
b) I've been pretty busy the past couple months with other projects (two contract gigs to make me money, so I can keep making TTG stuff, yay!) But those are winding down -- as are my summer travels -- so progress should start up again on the GSim shortly.

and, well, I guess also:
c) You all have really rad suggestions!

So, yeah. Up next on my docket: (a) releasing Bond Breaker!, (b) continuing improvements to GSim, (c) Releasing SHOCKTOPUS (whoa), and (d) Finally adding those Quark levels to Agent Higgs, amirite?