Andy is everywhere

A spot for all things TestTube
wtg62

Re: Andy is everywhere

Post by wtg62 »

He's everywhere again. I repeat, everything is Andy to the molecular scale, again! (Well, no longer)

I just wanted to say hi again. I learned about Polar coordinates recently, so now I know what the heck r means in GSim!
It also means I know how to convert x-velocity and y-velocity to just velocity and a heading. Woo, pre-calculus class!
This message has been brought to you by wtg62, duh!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

wtg62 wrote:I just wanted to say hi again. I learned about Polar coordinates recently, so now I know what the heck r means in GSim!
It also means I know how to convert x-velocity and y-velocity to just velocity and a heading. Woo, pre-calculus class!
And I'm everywhere once more! Hurrah!

Neat to hear about the polar coordinates -- they're very helpful things. As you now know, in the gravity sim, distance is all that really matters.
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

Where on earth has Andy gone?? He has not been online since May 24, and has not made a post since May 15. As a result, two weeks have gone by without a FBF. I'm starting to get worried, even though logic says that Andy is very likely just fine.
Last edited by NealCruco on Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Random Player

Post by A Random Player »

NealCruco wrote:Where on earth has Andy gone?? He has not been online since May 24, and has not made a post since May 15. As a result, two weeks have gone by without a FBF. I'm started to get worried, even though logic says that Andy is very likely just fine.
Looks like you beat me to posting this. My initial guess was that he had some urgent personal matters, and we shouldn't really be asking too much into it. Alternatively, he might have a cold or some illness (like in April). Of course, speculating means very little.. but it's been so long that I'm getting curious.
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

I sent him an email. He might not be checking email either, but it's worth a shot. I really hate that practically all we can do is wait and hope he comes back soon...
Edit: And the email bounced. That's worrying.
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

NealCruco wrote:Where on earth has Andy gone?? He has not been online since May 24, and has not made a post since May 15. As a result, two weeks have gone by without a FBF. I'm started to get worried, even though logic says that Andy is very likely just fine.
Ha -- excellent question. I'm a-okay -- if a bit sleep deprived. My wife and I just had a baby, so things have been pretty whirlwind over here since May 20. I'd been meaning to post about it, but there always seemed to be a diaper to change instead :)

And NealCruco, I'm not sure why your email bounced... I'm still getting mail in to the same "andy at ttg" address.
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

testtubegames wrote:
Ha -- excellent question. I'm a-okay -- if a bit sleep deprived. My wife and I just had a baby, so things have been pretty whirlwind over here since May 20. I'd been meaning to post about it, but there always seemed to be a diaper to change instead :)

And NealCruco, I'm not sure why your email bounced... I'm still getting mail in to the same "andy at ttg" address.
You have no idea how relieved I am that you're okay. I was getting very worried about you. Will Feel Bad Fridays be back on as usual?
About the email: I went back and looked at the "bounce" message I received, and found that a simple typo was the cause. I missed a "t" in "testtubegames".
A Random Player

Post by A Random Player »

NealCruco wrote:
testtubegames wrote:

You have no idea how relieved I am that you're okay. I was getting very worried about you. Will Feel Bad Fridays be back on as usual?
About the email: I went back and looked at the "bounce" message I received, and found that a simple typo was the cause. I missed a "t" in "testtubegames".
Haha, this is like the end of those "the world is ending" books where someone realizes they made a simple mistake somewhere or misinterpreted a natural event, and everything goes back to normal. Congrats on the baby, and we all hope he grows to be healthy!
Neal: While I hope FBFs go back to normal soon, I wouldn't want us to take away from Andy's taking care of Max, but I guess we'll see if he has time!
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Oh yes, I'd like to get the FBF's going again. I'll try for one this week!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Whoa - harder than I thought to record the new FBF. Turns out, when there's a baby in the house, someone or other is always sleeping. (And on the rare occasion, it's actually the baby!)

I do have the level picked out that I want to play, though, I just need to find some time/a quiet-yet-not-quiet place to do it.