Secret Website

Safer than Professor Rex's office hours
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: Secret Website

Post by testtubegames »

Whoa. It appears I've been hacked by exfret!

Haha, yeah, I don't go to any lengths to clear up old files on the website. And to answer your question about the XKCD velocity raptor game I will simply say... HEY LOOK AT THAT SQUIRREL!

What were we talking about?

One fun thing about having a website is being able to tune in and see what pages people are browsing at that exact moment. I don't do it much anymore since it tended to be a bit *too* entertaining for me (ooooooh, blinking numbers.....). But every now and then I'd see someone trying to find an unreleased game by typing in random urls. Sorry, nothing at "www.testtubegames.com/agent_higgs_chapter_3_secret.html"
robly18

Post by robly18 »

Check now. I left you a little gift.
Convincing people that 0.9999... = 1 since 2012
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

robly18 wrote:Check now. I left you a little gift.
Shoot - must have missed it. It takes crazy (and somewhat creepy) timing to catch someone on a page.
robly18

Post by robly18 »

testtubegames wrote:
Shoot - must have missed it. It takes crazy (and somewhat creepy) timing to catch someone on a page.
Aww. I thought it kept a little history or something.

Well, I went to www.testtubegames.com/hi_there_andy_how_you_doing.html

The answer was 404. Not sure if that means you're good or bad, but either way... :P
Convincing people that 0.9999... = 1 since 2012
A Random Player

Post by A Random Player »

robly18 wrote:
testtubegames wrote:
Aww. I thought it kept a little history or something.

Well, I went to http://www.testtubegames.com/hi_there_a ... doing.html

The answer was 404. Not sure if that means you're good or bad, but either way... :P
I actually went to the earlier page (http://www.testtubegames.com/agent_higg ... ecret.html) to check if it was real or at least an easter egg; I appended an "
?info=[some greeting or something that said I was arp]" to the url so if Andy can see the previous connections he might have seen it :P
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
exfret

Post by exfret »

Andy, could you up the max upload size for a file? I made some weird changes to the VP website, too. Not on the online version, of course, I just edited my local version of the web page web page with the java console thing, which is also what I used to find the game files (I don't just type in random urls, that's just way too helpless for me). Anyways, I got the idea about the java console stuff from the way you can cheat in cookie clicker (google it if you don't know what it is). I was trying to figure out a way I could get to the source code or at least mess w/ it from the java console window like in cookie clicker.. Sadly, it only linked to that swf VP website (what does swf even mean?), which somehow played the game from source code you couldn't get to. That's a good thing to hide it, but I wanna mod VP/mess around w/ it's source code. ): Would it be possible for you to send me a link via email to a (password-protected?) web page where I can mess w/ VP source code (and maybe Higgs, TES,and Grav. Sim. source code, too)? That would be so awesome-V-sauce-(spilled-on-your)-pantaloons if you could!!!!!!!!!
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
exfret

Anyone there?

Post by exfret »

So, you gonna reply to my previous post anytime soon?
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: Anyone there?

Post by testtubegames »

exfret wrote:So, you gonna reply to my previous post anytime soon?
In whose reference frame? Your twin has only aged a few seconds since you posted.

I increased the maximum size just a smidge. It's now up to 400 kb. Hopefully that's enough -- if not, I'd suggest compressing the images that you're uploading.

And yeah, some games (particularly javascript/html5 games) let you see the source code. And you can even manipulate it, which is pretty neat! Flash works differently, though. The source of the game is hidden (and, let's be honest, wicked complex. Many, many thousands of lines of convoluted code) The whole game is wrapped into a single file (the code, the images, the sounds, everything) -- and that's the swf file. Generally you embed the swf file in a website (which makes it look nicer around the edges), though you can play it alone, too.

And I'm afraid, unlike with the cookie clicker game, I won't be releasing the source code for tweaking. Though, frankly, with the excitement (and increasing programming ability) you all have, I'm sure there's quite some benefit to be had from open sourcing. Not my area of expertise, though, and generally not how games are developed. Curious to think about, though.
exfret

Re: Anyone there?

Post by exfret »

testtubegames wrote:
exfret wrote:So, you gonna reply to my previous post anytime soon?
In whose reference frame? Your twin has only aged a few seconds since you posted.
Since 'soon' is subjective, I can have it depend on the reference frame.
testtubegames wrote:I increased the maximum size just a smidge. It's now up to 400 kb. Hopefully that's enough -- if not, I'd suggest compressing the images that you're uploading.
I looked at the 'save' screen for my pictures and then I realized I could have just saved the picture as something that takes up less space, so I just made these three JPEGs.

My 2nd pic:
TTGdemo2JPEG.jpg
TTGdemo2JPEG.jpg (290.57 KiB) Viewed 20464 times
Here are the epic pictures I was speaking about:
TTGVP1JPEG.jpg
TTGVP1JPEG.jpg (389.96 KiB) Viewed 20464 times
TTGVP2JPEG.jpg
TTGVP2JPEG.jpg (386.43 KiB) Viewed 20464 times

testtubegames wrote:And yeah, some games (particularly javascript/html5 games) let you see the source code. And you can even manipulate it, which is pretty neat! Flash works differently, though. The source of the game is hidden (and, let's be honest, wicked complex. Many, many thousands of lines of convoluted code) The whole game is wrapped into a single file (the code, the images, the sounds, everything) -- and that's the swf file. Generally you embed the swf file in a website (which makes it look nicer around the edges), though you can play it alone, too.

And I'm afraid, unlike with the cookie clicker game, I won't be releasing the source code for tweaking. Though, frankly, with the excitement (and increasing programming ability) you all have, I'm sure there's quite some benefit to be had from open sourcing. Not my area of expertise, though, and generally not how games are developed. Curious to think about, though.
BUT being able to MANGLE with the SOURCE CODE would be worth, like, NINETEEN THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED EIGTHY THREE AWESOME POINTS!!!!!!
:( :cry: :(

If no wource wode, woult wou at weast progwam hyporbowa wand wumtime??

Robly, I need your puppy face.
exfret

Post by exfret »

Here, I decided to use a cat instead:
image.jpg
image.jpg (45.28 KiB) Viewed 20432 times
Pweeeeeeeeaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeee