"I'm stuck on Level..."

Safer than Professor Rex's office hours
Tam Trible

Re: "I'm stuck on Level..."

Post by Tam Trible »

I have tried level 35 probably upwards of 50 times. Unless there's some trick I'm missing, the problem I'm having is not a conceptual one, it's just that I suck rusty boulders at getting the timing right, and this isn't one where you can try it 20 times, and manage to win by successfully faking it once. This is one where you need precise timing for the *entire* thing.
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
Half the time, I don't even get *close* to the fire block. When I do, half the time I'm killed either as I try to get it or just after I get it, and the other half I don't get back to the block in time for my fire powers to still work--I generally get away long/fast enough to have the ice block appear while I still have my powers, but they run out just before I manage to merge back into the stream to use my fire.
Is there any way to *skip* the level? This one is so frustrating to me because it's not a *conceptual* problem stopping me from winning, it's my inability to push the buttons with the right timing. I'd like to see how this ends, but all I'm getting at this point is lots of practice literally swearing at my computer and crying. :(
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Tam Trible wrote:I have tried level 35 probably upwards of 50 times.... Is there any way to *skip* the level?
Ah, sorry it's gotten so frustrating! For those of you truly stuck on a level:

Break in case of Emergency (cheat code)
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
Go to the level menu, and type 'niets'... which is 'stein' (as in einstein) backwards. That'll unlock all the levels.
testtubebreaker

Post by testtubebreaker »

I'm stuck on level 15. I can't seem to pass both gates below
quarque

Post by quarque »

Stuck on level 11.

I tried running from left to right and bumping into the gate while the keys turn yellow. Am I doing it wrong?
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

The wording on the level is a bit ambiguous -- what you're trying to do is get the color of all the keys to match each other. So you'll want to blue-shift the redder key, and red-shift the bluer key.

You don't need to bump into the gate, it'll open up whenever the keys match.
Mr.Raptor

Post by Mr.Raptor »

I'm stuck on level 28, any tips?
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

That is indeed a tricky one -- I think my main tips for 28 would be try to move *with* the bullets, as in, at roughly their same speed, while you pass through them. Also, pressing 'space' to stop instantly can be helpful to keep you from splashing into the water accidentally. Hope that helps!
vrockpokey

Post by vrockpokey »

I am stuck on level 32. Any advice?
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Hmm, that's a tricky one.
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
I suppose my tips here would revolve around practicing how to run onto that trap door. Get close, then start running toward it just before the door closes. That'll ensure you get the maximum time on it before it opens. And after you hit the fire block, do a quick run to the left wall and back... before waiting to carefully cross the trapdoor again.