Level Creation Megathread

Safer than Professor Rex's office hours
A Random Player

Re: The speed of light is 1 tile per .7 seconds.

Post by A Random Player »

19683 wrote:
A Random Player wrote:

Code: Select all

[Do not attempt to beat this level., [o,o,o,o,f-15-12,t-4-2.1,t-4-1.4000000000000001,t-4-0.7000000000000001,t-4-0,o,o,o,o,o,o;o,o,o,o,f-15-12,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o;o,o,o,o,f-15-12,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o;o,o,o,o,f-15-12,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o;o,x,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,b3-2.8-2;o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o;o,x,x,x,x,x,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,b3-2.96-1;o,x,o,o,o,x,o,o,o,x,o,o,o,x,o;o,o,o,x,o,o,o,x,o,o,o,x,o,o,o;;]]
The trapdoors' "motion wave" moves at exactly the speed of light. This can be shown by switching to seen view, and seeing that the trapdoors appear to close simultaneously.
1 tile/.7 seconds=1.428571 t/s.
The speed of light is (according to Rex) 3 mph. This means that each tile is .9388 meters. (Note: I used grams instead of tiles in the units so W|A would process it.)

I then got bored and proceeded to demonstrate an extreme case of superluminal motion. First, go behind the wall block in the way of the first cannon's bullets. They appear to travel a lot faster than c.
The cannons' bullets at the bottom go close to the speed of light, so the light they emit is closer together, and when the higher density of light reaches you, the bullet appears to take less time to travel the distance since you receive the "video frames" faster... Or something, it's hard to explain with text.
Then carefully go behind the second cannon's blocks, watch as the bullet becomes HUGE.

And finally, DO NOT TRY TO BEAT THE LEVEL. Prof Rex will kill your computer. :|

(Edited to add something else)
I beat it! :D

In seen mode!
Rawr :(

[Do not attempt to beat this level 2., [o,x,w,w,w,w,w,w,w,w,w,w,w,w,b3-2.94-.3;o,w,o,o,o,w,o,o,o,w,o,o,o,t-10-10,o;o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,w,w,t-20-0;o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,t-20-10,o;o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,t-20-0,w,w;o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,t-20-10,o;o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,w,w,t-20-0;o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,o,o;o,o,o,w,o,o,o,w,o,o,o,w,o,o,o;;]]
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!

Re: The speed of light is 1 tile per .7 seconds.

Post by 19683 »

A Random Player wrote:
19683 wrote:
A Random Player wrote:

[Do not attempt to beat this level., [o,o,o,o,f-15-12,t-4-2.1,t-4-1.4000000000000001,t-4-0.7000000000000001,t-4-0,o,o,o,o,o,o;o,o,o,o,f-15-12,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o;o,o,o,o,f-15-12,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o;o,o,o,o,f-15-12,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o;o,x,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,b3-2.8-2;o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o;o,x,x,x,x,x,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,b3-2.96-1;o,x,o,o,o,x,o,o,o,x,o,o,o,x,o;o,o,o,x,o,o,o,x,o,o,o,x,o,o,o;;]]
The trapdoors' "motion wave" moves at exactly the speed of light. This can be shown by switching to seen view, and seeing that the trapdoors appear to close simultaneously.
1 tile/.7 seconds=1.428571 t/s.
The speed of light is (according to Rex) 3 mph. This means that each tile is .9388 meters. (Note: I used grams instead of tiles in the units so W|A would process it.)

I then got bored and proceeded to demonstrate an extreme case of superluminal motion. First, go behind the wall block in the way of the first cannon's bullets. They appear to travel a lot faster than c.
The cannons' bullets at the bottom go close to the speed of light, so the light they emit is closer together, and when the higher density of light reaches you, the bullet appears to take less time to travel the distance since you receive the "video frames" faster... Or something, it's hard to explain with text.
Then carefully go behind the second cannon's blocks, watch as the bullet becomes HUGE.

And finally, DO NOT TRY TO BEAT THE LEVEL. Prof Rex will kill your computer. :|

(Edited to add something else)
I beat it! :D

In seen mode!
Rawr :(

[Do not attempt to beat this level 2., [o,x,w,w,w,w,w,w,w,w,w,w,w,w,b3-2.94-.3;o,w,o,o,o,w,o,o,o,w,o,o,o,t-10-10,o;o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,w,w,t-20-0;o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,t-20-10,o;o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,t-20-0,w,w;o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,t-20-10,o;o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,w,w,t-20-0;o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,w,o,o,o;o,o,o,w,o,o,o,w,o,o,o,w,o,o,o;;]]
Your levels are too glitchy! :x

1000 awesome points for anyone who can beat this level! ;)
Binomial Theorem: ((a+b)^n)= sum k=0->k=n((n!(a^(n-k))(b^k))/(k!(n-k)!))
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: Level Creation Megathread

Post by testtubegames »

Whew! Beaten! Seen view, too. And luckily it didn't kill my computer, though it got close.

Yeah, the bullets can do some strange things (some glitchy, some not). I like the superluminal motion you set up.

Anything over 2.7 mph for the bullets, I've found, tends to get glitchy. (Not to mention when you put so many bullets on the screen!) It never mattered in the game, though, since 2.7 was basically the upper limit.

Post by 19683 »

testtubegames wrote:Whew! Beaten! Seen view, too. And luckily it didn't kill my computer, though it got close.

Yeah, the bullets can do some strange things (some glitchy, some not). I like the superluminal motion you set up.

Anything over 2.7 mph for the bullets, I've found, tends to get glitchy. (Not to mention when you put so many bullets on the screen!) It never mattered in the game, though, since 2.7 was basically the upper limit.
1000 Awesome Points awarded to: :!: Test Tube Games :!: :D

:Sh , :H and :mrgreen: say: "Yay!!!" :D
Binomial Theorem: ((a+b)^n)= sum k=0->k=n((n!(a^(n-k))(b^k))/(k!(n-k)!))
exfret

Square Cannons

Post by exfret »

Here's a really hard level I made that I got passed:

[Square Cannon Insane, [o,o,o,b2-2.2-10,x,b2-2.2-10,x,b2-2.2-10,x,b2-2.2-10,x,b2-2.2-10,x,b2-2.2-10,w;o,o,o,o,b2-2.8-5,o,b2-2.8-5,o,b2-2.8-5,o,b2-2.8-5,o,b2-2.8-5,o,x;f-15-95,b1-2.8-5,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,b3-2.2-10;b1-1.8-10,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,b3-2.8-5,x;x,b1-2.8-5,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,b3-2.7-10;b1-2.8-10,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,b3-2.8-5,x;x,b1-2.8-5,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,b3-2.8-5;x,x,o,b4-1-5,o,b4-2.7-2,o,b4-2.7-2,o,b4-2.7-2,o,b4-2.7-2,x,s,x;w,x,b4-2.2-10,x,b4-2.8-10,x,b4-2.2-10,x,b4-2.8-10,x,b4-2.2-10,x,x,o,o;;]]
For the rest of the "Square Cannon" levels, go here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=91&p=741#p741
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
robly18

Post by robly18 »

testtubegames wrote:Whew! Beaten! Seen view, too. And luckily it didn't kill my computer, though it got close.

I'd like to see what would happen if you have a superluminal bullet. Can you remove the constraint on level codes like you did in the gravity simulator?

You know what, fix it. Andy, a slight request. On any level editors on games to come, make the constraints not apply to level codes.

You saw how that turned out on the gravity simulator.
Convincing people that 0.9999... = 1 since 2012
A Random Player

robly18 wrote:

I'd like to see what would happen if you have a superluminal bullet. Can you remove the constraint on level codes like you did in the gravity simulator?

You know what, fix it. Andy, a slight request. On any level editors on games to come, make the constraints not apply to level codes.

As the guy who made a Minkowski diagram drawer: It wouldn't work. For one, the Lorentz transformation is already giving imaginary values. Then add in the fact that for some velocities the bullets go backward (in space and in time)... Though with some modification it'll work.

Though you don't need bullets for superluminal motion: Trapdoors work quite well. For example, an object going towards you faster than light first can't be seen, then appears to split in two from your location, one going forwards, one going backwards. (seen mode of course)
robly18

Post by robly18 »

A Random Player wrote:
robly18 wrote:

As the guy who made a Minkowski diagram drawer: It wouldn't work. For one, the Lorentz transformation is already giving imaginary values. Then add in the fact that for some velocities the bullets go backward (in space and in time)... Though with some modification it'll work.

Though you don't need bullets for superluminal motion: Trapdoors work quite well. For example, an object going towards you faster than light first can't be seen, then appears to split in two from your location, one going forwards, one going backwards. (seen mode of course)

Yeah, I already knew this. If something is going at twice the speed of light, you don't see it until it gets to the closest point to you. From then on, after the light gets to you, you see it split in two. The part that's going forwards appears to move at half the speed of light, and the one going backwards appears to be going... er, twice the speed of light. Except in the opposite direction.

Just because I know what would happen doesn't mean I don't want to see it.
Convincing people that 0.9999... = 1 since 2012
A Random Player

robly18 wrote:
A Random Player wrote:
robly18 wrote:I'd like to see what would happen if you have a superluminal bullet. Can you remove the constraint on level codes like you did in the gravity simulator?

Yeah, I already knew this. If something is going at twice the speed of light, you don't see it until it gets to the closest point to you. From then on, after the light gets to you, you see it split in two. The part that's going forwards appears to move at half the speed of light, and the one going backwards appears to be going... er, twice the speed of light. Except in the opposite direction.

Just because I know what would happen doesn't mean I don't want to see it.
Ok. (Just mentioning that it would be very hard to implement).
exfret

Random Replies

Post by exfret »

Errr... So, when I post something completely unrelated to the topic that was being discussed nearly a month before, people say nothing about my post and move on to discussing that topic again. Is this why my Velocity Raptor Series of Levels is getting so few posts in it (besides me and Andy)? I'm not really offended, but I just wanted to point it out that no one was acknowledging my post, even though it seems to have spurred all these new posts. It's just strange.

Also, can't you already have a superluminal bullet (in a way):

[SuperLuminal Bullet, [o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o;o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o;o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o;o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o;o,o,o,x,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,b3-3.1-2.2;o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o;o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o;o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o;o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o,o;;]]
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):