Series of Levels

Safer than Professor Rex's office hours
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: what subject line?

Post by testtubegames »

exfret wrote:And, what about you Andy, what's your obsession with test tubes about? Why not DinosaurPhysicist or AgentPhysics or The Electric Agent DinoPhysiCorunOrWalk Simulator? Finally, is there a backstory to how you got your name ARP? (I can call you ARP, right?) Oh, and finally, I just wanted to point out another thing: Am I the only one who thinks about the subject (beside the first post in a thread)?
...excuse me while I go purchase http://www.dinosaurphysicist.com

'TestTubeGames' came about as I tried to think of a name that was a)easy to spell, b)short-ish, c)was clearly science-y, and d)was clearly game-y. And it had to roll off the tongue. So it was basically me, a blank sheet of paper, and a lot of brainstorming.

And then there was the fact that test tubes make you think about experiments... and this is all one big experiment for me, after all. So it all fit.

As for BARP, yeah, I misread the 'by' as being part of your name. It was so fun to type, and even more fun to pronounce. :) But 'random' is perhaps a classier nickname.
robly18

Re: Awesomeness and Names

Post by robly18 »

exfret wrote:but what about robly? Do any of you know why it's robly and not something else.
Heh, similar story actually.

So when I was more of a kid I once found this website, ROBLOX. It is pretty much legos over the internet, but I don't go there anymore.
Anyway, my usual username until then had been "duartel", which is a mashing of my first name and the first letter of my second one(Portuguese names :P). Anyway, this is where it gets similar... ish. So I made an account there, but back then I was naive enough to actually press the button that said "I am under 13". I was really mad that I couldn't talk, so I had to make a new account. So I looked at the game name and took the first four letters (Robl) and added a y at the end, because it sounded catchier. But that still didn't work out, someone else took this name before me. I decided to add a random number in the end, and that number was 17 (hence why my youtube name says 17 and not 18). Anyway, a few years later, after a bunch of time of not logging in, I'd forgotten my password(I made that account before I came up with a universalized password. I know it's bad to do this but I make exceptions). So I went and made a new account, and decided to use the number after 17. And now it's my main nickname. I still use duartel if it's my second account on something... Or used to. Being banned for being under 13 isn't a problem anymore :D

I kinda like how this quickly degraded from sets of levels into stories on how everyone got their names.
Convincing people that 0.9999... = 1 since 2012
exfret

Degradation into speaking about names

Post by exfret »

robly18 wrote:I kinda like how this quickly degraded from sets of levels into stories on how everyone got their names.
Hm... I don't know if I like this too much... As long as you take this as an opportunity to post about my levels (sorry about asking so much for posts, but I am REALLY itching to hear someone else's opinion about these levels, besides Andy). Also, I have an evil plan to become the most viewed and posted-in thread in the TestTubeGames forums! :twisted: Not really. That's just my goal, which would be cool to accomplish (my more realistic goal is to 'defeat' all the other threads in this forum). Anyways, speaking of evil plans, well, actually, completely off-topic of evil plans, I posted a long post that seems to have been sneaky as Agent Higgs in going under the radar. It is Here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106#p700, but if you can't do two things at once, I would much rather have you post in here. If you can't do one thing at once, then you should post something in here while undoing something somewhere else, which would cancel out that doing something, making it doing nothing at once, or you could just do two things at once, because that isn't one thing at once.

To Robly: I do know what roblox is, because I actually played it once a long time ago. You can actually find my username on it.
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
robly18

Re: Series of Levels

Post by robly18 »

I'd actually post something, but I'll be honest here.
No matter how epic a game about relativity is, if there's a higher difficulty in it for me then I'm not in.
The default levels were hard enough. :P

Re: Awesomeness and Names

Post by 19683 »

By the way, I put "19683", the binomial theorem, and/or the polynomial theorem on just about everything I come near. So if you ever see one of those things, it's me. :D

Also, I've never seen 19683 anywhere else on the internet. To test this, type "19683" into google, and this forum will be one of the first results.
Binomial Theorem: ((a+b)^n)= sum k=0->k=n((n!(a^(n-k))(b^k))/(k!(n-k)!))
exfret

Re: 19683

Post by exfret »

Okay, I typed it in. 19683.com was one of the results, as were many websites explaining that 19683 is a power of three. I did not see the forum on the first page of google.
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: Degradation into speaking about names

Post by testtubegames »

exfret wrote:sorry about asking so much for posts...
exfret, if you're really interested in getting feedback on the levels, I might suggest starting with one of the levels you think is best. At the moment, with 35 levels (I think), it's hard to get a discussion started that gets past a general "they were tough" or whatnot. And it's a fair amount of effort to load all 35 levels into the editor and play them, which might be dissuading some people.

I mean, hell, I'm gonna beat them all on youtube. But not everyone perhaps has that same dedication to your levels from the get-go. So if I only had time to play one of the levels today, which would it be?

Post by 19683 »

exfret wrote:Okay, I typed it in. 19683.com was one of the results, as were many websites explaining that 19683 is a power of three. I did not see the forum on the first page of google.
https://www.google.com/#q=19683

Result #10, page 1. Boom!
Binomial Theorem: ((a+b)^n)= sum k=0->k=n((n!(a^(n-k))(b^k))/(k!(n-k)!))
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

19683 wrote:
exfret wrote:Okay, I typed it in. 19683.com was one of the results, as were many websites explaining that 19683 is a power of three. I did not see the forum on the first page of google.

Hrm, I wonder if this is Google doing its mysterious 'personalized results' stuff... I got the forums to show up at #12. (Scary stuff, especially when you don't know it's going on!)
robly18

Post by robly18 »

testtubegames wrote:
19683 wrote:

Hrm, I wonder if this is Google doing its mysterious 'personalized results' stuff... I got the forums to show up at #12. (Scary stuff, especially when you don't know it's going on!)
I'm pretty sure so. Google results can vary wildly from person to person.