Feel Bad Friday(s)!

An upcoming game about Electricity, Magnetism, and Cephalopods
NealCruco

Re: Feel Bad Friday(s)!

Post by NealCruco »

testtubegames wrote:
NealCruco wrote:When can we expect the next FBF?
One's a-coming... planning to record it tonight! (Being a little flexible with the 'Friday' monicker :) )
:D
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Friday comes early this week!

... or several weeks late, I'm not sure.

Regardless, in the latest FBF, I took on 3F46 by NealCruco. Watch the video on YouTube. Or see the original post.

Or grab the code yourself:

Code: Select all

[The Electric Shocktopus-"3F46"-eNrtVkuSgyAQvYvrXthiiznLlNu5QGZnzd3T0IbPRILGWNEaHgSE4tEfn10ZAQgmNPXUqQXzc2sH4oZangRYp2lYB8RwemLKWJBBjntrCAoBZQqOc/cGuYEcEhJ5cmw1okkgz91MEsTBVRQXnHcLL6YTX4d2tMuUaxGrN+lDm0h+nmGFGYx5ztosj9I01aZpLxkLkrgquLdlMiuLmSxmOY8ZFOlm1BcSFmlvOYHg9Q/CrpvLxmy15oqH2hJlbE05UtwbueHe7JCuSfE5eR7H6qeCLzgE8M+a87X9Ptzd42LhCBbMtzccRclr40VXoXaC/fuyf8gliqVRDGP1zYWXpytPWmnoOpbv4Lc6BV0fbXWat0i2ciYK/j2yIiAntRp0HUkNe1wotb2cw7tz7ST68kILTg88i5Bx84GCt7wHpI+qwLapFFOvSykuOJF+F1Tj4fcGwv7oDw==]
As you can tell from the video, I had a great time >> and got appropriately frustrated. So thumbs up all around!
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
I didn't read *your* spoiler message until after posting the video... but now I realize why the red switch is useful. I figured it was a trap.

Not that anyone here would ever try to trick me, eh?
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
You didn't fall for the hidden-spike trick for a second. In fact, it's almost as if you expected it! I was disappointed, but got you back when you fell into that strategically-placed spike in the bottom-center of the second-star area. Then I laughed. Loudly.
For once, you didn't break the level! Not even by a little. I was pleased to see you play the level as intended. Now please do that with B4C5.
The blue switch was supposed to close the gun room's door (rather than green), but I evidently messed that up. It didn't really affect the level, though.
It's also funny how, even though you thought the red switch was useless, you still flipped it every time.
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

NealCruco wrote:
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
It's also funny how, even though you thought the red switch was useless, you still flipped it every time.
Haha, you're absolutely right. I didn't realize that until just now!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Well, I think this latest Feel Bad Friday fried my brain. I took on 7-Segment by A Random Player -- and it was amazing. Like, I was amazed that it could exist and work and be as complex as it ended up being!

Watch my attempt at 7-Segment here.

Here's Random's original post, or grab the code:
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW

[The Electric Shocktopus-"7-segment"-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]
My hot take on it:
SPOILER
SPOILER_SHOW
That was incredible. I didn't have much luck beating it, of course, but this single level contained waaaay more layers of mystery than I expected. If I'm thinking about it correctly -- I'd need a whole lot of luck, and a lot of work jotting down notes, to beat it.

Without giving too much away -- is that sign (with 4 --> 6, etc) a hint? I couldn't figure out exactly what to do with those codes.

It ended up being a level that was a bit to cerebral to complete while being recorded... but I'm definitely going to keep trying it.
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

I'm back! And I watched this newest FBF! Random, as usual, you blew my mind. I'm just not wired for creation or even understanding of such intricate design...it would be like trying to run Bioshock on a TI-89 Titanium. As powerful as the machine is, some things are fundamentally incompatible with it.
My favorite quote: "At first, I was just joking about writing a dissertation on this level. Now, I'm still joking, because that's not what dissertations are for."

Now, I'm not happy, Andy. Not happy. "Why are you not happy?" Your schedule makes me unhappy. Max Attacks I can handle. What I can't handle is your tendency to throw FBF's schedule to the wind! It seems random. Random*, Andy! You're doing this FBF on Tuesday, that one on Saturday! FEEL BAD FRIDAY IS JUST AN ARTIFACT TITLE NOW!

Okay, I can't do that any more. One can only push a movie reference so far. What I'm saying is that I miss FBF. It's suffered a bad case of Schedule Slip recently, and that disappoints me. There's plenty of material- are you just failing to carve time out for it among the updates to GSim and BB? I honestly don't mind you not posting it at the same time each week, but come on! Don't make us wait a month without notice! If you have to put it on hiatus, please at least say something about it!

*No reference intended to the person that, aside from you and me, is seemingly the only one on these forums to care about TES.
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

NealCruco wrote:What I can't handle is your tendency to throw FBF's schedule to the wind!
Duly noted - I have been letting it slip. I'll plan to do one within the next week (no promises about hitting Friday, though :)

And as penance, I'll even let you pick the level. What'll it be?
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

testtubegames wrote:
NealCruco wrote:What I can't handle is your tendency to throw FBF's schedule to the wind!
Duly noted - I have been letting it slip. I'll plan to do one within the next week (no promises about hitting Friday, though :)

And as penance, I'll even let you pick the level. What'll it be?
I've been waiting a long time to see you play B4C5 the right way. Why not do that one? And since I've tweaked this level so many times that I've lost count, I'm just posting the code here.

[The Electric Shocktopus-"B4C5"-eNrtl19r2zAQwL/KTc8iRJYujh/HcJvBRkdJH8LYQ7aqNLS0wXHGitl330mWZMnuRhn0JdXpZDv2/XT6c3eQjgvORclxTg/mkZqML6o0ikmzVigMZ35RLypzpUHknHvpSRGaIUVhbsJRfRdoFMegF7LmE+seQDuDyJd9ZXviZvDm6B7GibfeF0aM2ZpAxVyEod2oaKVi4i9hAxrmaEUWPVKOwQF1JFqf4bzCcY39SpGoHWUYw0x72HR8ZsXuy3yABJ8275gQMRxPwCdi16kWL1ITMKRcqRfp6437D0EfEvhsU0ubRmiUq8qE8Bi04SPda+kRsfCUwUyGDeeLPNleKR0TQ95ZNLtIyN6mU2SPAzE6MdmbT4G/IcE8sU8Bb1COfLi0TCAcLcZBCeERnEDCIeQjWUtEuWGkimfpMJOHxPTRvlAhxR0a50L4anhCRdl1rGX86zfSjt0wezvQraS0WiC95llOS8TbXn0O6SxpQLiCRyUxF7xcbE6w3rkIL5R8pQgvqpw3OVf/r+ouc9XNlfV0i25Jf7lsgOcYP8mcEqGUVct80G8owTt2y3iJFWebxyNsGw1ts93v9fUMvjT6cIDjHtpHuN7pGXzePsETWd1uf2r4rttWN3B//HEHuwfzvoEH/auF+92NnjE3sFKcnddruLiifgar+rKGzcUVnH38tF5t4MOqfr+uL9+x338A4cstMw==]
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

NealCruco wrote:I've been waiting a long time to see you play B4C5 the right way. Why not do that one?
My soul is prepared.
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

testtubegames wrote:
NealCruco wrote:I've been waiting a long time to see you play B4C5 the right way. Why not do that one?
My soul is prepared.
Then let's get on it!