Upload gravity simulator to kongregate?

What did you draw?
robly18

Upload gravity simulator to kongregate?

Post by robly18 »

Eh. Why not, I ask. You already have three games there. I would kind of like to mess with the laws of physics all the while talking to people. Maybe have them make suggestions, maybe show them pictures... Maybe even link them to the forums!

Because let's be serious here. The laws of physics are fun to mess around with, especially if you're telling people how it goes.
Convincing people that 0.9999... = 1 since 2012
exfret

Kongregate?

Post by exfret »

Wait, Andy has his games on Kongregate?
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: Upload gravity simulator to kongregate?

Post by testtubegames »

exfret wrote:Wait, Andy has his games on Kongregate?
Yup!
robly18 wrote:Eh. Why not, I ask. You already have three games there. I would kind of like to mess with the laws of physics all the while talking to people. Maybe have them make suggestions, maybe show them pictures... Maybe even link them to the forums!

Because let's be serious here. The laws of physics are fun to mess around with, especially if you're telling people how it goes.
That's a really good question. I guess my best answer is that I never really had a 'release date' for the gravity simulator. It has purely grown organically -- from a really basic not-complete-enough version at the beginning to what it is today. That meant there was never a day where I said "yes, let me show the wider world!"

I totally agree with the 'why not' mentality, and I think it's just about time to finally submit -- though I think I'll try to connect that with the release of the update. That way all the buzz can work together.

As a side note, I've got a very basic prototype of the new gravity simulator made in Unity. (I abandoned the HTML5 version, 'cause that wasn't the way to go... but the work I put in there is happily helping me make fast progress in Unity). I'm excited that it'll be available not just online, but also on mobile devices (yay!) and to download to pc's and such. (Running natively on a computer, especially, should give the game more horsepower, so I'm curious to try that out and see how many planets we can place!)

More to the point, with Shocktopus starting to near completion, I'll be turning my full force to the gravity simulator soon... so it will finally get done (and hopefully pretty quick at that). As for exactly what that means for the flash version vs. a unity-browser-version, I'm not quite sure yet. I might make both, but I'll have to see how much work that'll really entail.