Site Admin

GSim version 0.2

Post by testtubegames »

Play with it Here.

Version 0.2
"Zoom-zoom-a-doom!"

New in this Version:
-Pan! Select the cursor option, then drag around to your heart's content
-Zoom! Right now, I mapped it to the same keys as before (just for quick prototyping). So press 'q' to zoom in and 'z' to zoom out
-Merge! There's an option in the menu that toggles this on/off -- it looks like two circles colliding.
-Mass! There's a text field where you can type in masses a bit more exactly than using the slider (decimals still not working for some reason)
-Crop! Also a menu button, push this to remove all the *off-screen* bodies. Helps speed things up when a lot of bodies have been flung out.

Next to Do:
-Add in an actual UI (so this can finally replace the old version -- or at least become the 'default')

So yeah, pan and zoom are here! While panning, orbital lines stick around with no problem or lag at all. When zooming, the orbits redraw, up to some cap. I'll have to play around with this cap to make sure the lines look smooth (they're a bit jagged upon being refreshed right now) and we get as much as possible redrawn. Also, it still needs that 'undo-zoom' button I talked about before.
wtg62

Re: GSim version 0.2

Post by wtg62 »

Sweet! Really glad you got to doing this all!
This message has been brought to you by wtg62, duh!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: GSim version 0.2

Post by testtubegames »

wtg62 wrote:Sweet! Really glad you got to doing this all!
Hah, yeah, me too! Also really surprised -- this may be the first time I accurately predicted how long something would take. I said I needed a couple days to sit down and focus to add pan/zoom... and lo and behold, it took two days of work. :shock: