GSim 0.27.01

What did you draw?
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: GSim 0.27.01

Post by testtubegames »

wtg62 wrote:When editing settings for objects being spawned, allow us to add a name to the planet before creation...
For "density", I recommend having a "size" argument...
Make it so that buttons from the menu on the left are grayed-out if their corresponding option is off...
Make planet editor show the color of the selected planet, not the color of the object you would've spawn by clicking...
There could be a few other messages...
I could see adding more to the generic planet editor, like setting name/density and such. But one big problem I've noticed (maybe connected to your point about the color), is it gets a bit confusing having a *future* editor, for future objects of that type... and a *current instance* editor. I need to distinguish those better. And with the new options we'll be adding to the *future* editor, I may make it a full-fledged slider, too.

As for the greyed buttons, I think that's a nice solution. Down the road, I plan to have different images that crop up, since most of them won't be boolean. So if there are 5 types of collision options, there'll be 5 icons. The orbits may have 3 icons... for none, medium, and infinite. Grey is a clever and easy solution, though... and I may use it for some of the options.

More messages? Yes, agreed. I was excited about the new messages system, since sometimes odd things happen in the simulation, and it'd be nice to explain to the player what's going on. So, there could be a message when the program converts to Barnes-Hut calculations... or when you crop... or your bunch of suggestions. Initially I had 'added asteroid' in there too, but that particular message tended to spam the system. Plus, the player generally knows they added it anyway, so I left that particular message out.
wtg62 wrote:TAB no longer works...
Planet names aren't saved either...
You should also make the planet editing GUI display the planet number...
It appears that if you zoom in/out, the trails display any sudden x/y position changes.
Ah yes, forgot to make tab work for the new gui system. Planet names aren't included in the save code yet, no, but will get there... thanks for the reminder. I'll add the planet number back in, not sure why I took it out...

The zoom thing doesn't ring a bell, but I'll take a look. I *know* there's a problem with zooming when you're looking at the ptolemy view... the lines stop matching up occasionally for some reason. I'm not surprised there are other issues, too.