Priorities

What did you draw?
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: Priorities

Post by testtubegames »

exfret wrote:I actually really like that idea. I'm thinking you should, though, have a "Just give me the stuff I paid for (or not...) already" option for those who don't want to have to deal with a tutorial, and a "Wait, how do I do this again?" button for when they want to return back to the tutorial. I am thinking, though, that you should differentiate challenges from tutorials.
I also think you should put a "?" by buttons for quickly figuring out what they do.
How about people get GPoints for completing various goals or just spending time with the simulator?
It wouldn't necessarily have to be in-game, but you could make it so we could submit suggestions vote up on them.
Agreed with an 'add everything in' button (who wants to be forced to go through a tutorial *twice* if their progress is erased?) And going back to check the tutorial list is key. As for differentiating them, I was thinking something simple right now -- like having the tutorials be green buttons, and the challenges be yellow. That will keep them really different-looking, and also make the challenges pop out a little extra.

A question button. Interesting -- I would like a better way of describing how stuff works. Right now, you hover over a button and it gives you a word or two, sometimes of course you want way more.

'GPoints' is a cool name, though I'm with you, not sure what we'd use it for.

And submission - I should add a bug/suggestion submission thing in the game itself, that'd be really sleek. As for voting, that's kind of what I'm going for with the Priorities topic. Each person gets to cast their vote for the next priority. Since there are only a handful of us right now, I can add them all to the list. (We're *all* winners!) If it becomes a problem, we *could* add in voting, but it seems manageable at the moment.
Stargate38

Post by Stargate38 »

Some more functions that I want for f(r):

Hyperbolic functions: sinh, cosh, tanh, csch, sech, coth
Inverse hyperbolic functions: asinh, acosh, atanh, acsch, asech, acoth
Gamma function
Factorial
Riemann's Zeta function

In case you don't know the hyperbolic functions:

sinh(r)=(e^r-1/e^r)/2
cosh(r)=(e^r+1/e^r)/2
tanh(r)=sinh(r)/cosh(r)

csch, sech, and coth are their reciprocals. r!=Gamma(r+1). Zeta(r)=1/1^r+1/2^r+1/3^r+1/4^r+...
I LOVE your Gravity Simulator! :)
exfret

Post by exfret »

Stargate38 wrote:r!=Gamma(r+1)
Did my recent topic remind you of the gamma function? ;)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=202#p2304

Also: horizontal forces, if that's easy.
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
Stargate38

Post by Stargate38 »

We already have horizontal forces (Tangential force). It's under Settings/Physics, right above the Relativity options.
I LOVE your Gravity Simulator! :)
exfret

Post by exfret »

Stargate38 wrote:We already have horizontal forces (Tangential force). It's under Settings/Physics, right above the Relativity options.
I guess I haven't been playing around with GSim enough lately then! :?

Edit: For some reason, I'm still on GSim 29.01 and it says I'm up-to-date... No wonder.

Edit2: Speaking about that, it appears GSim 29.03 isn't on humble bundle either... :(
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

exfret wrote:Edit2: Speaking about that, it appears GSim 29.03 isn't on humble bundle either... :(
It will be tomorrow! Actually, no... version 0.30.01 will be up on Humble, so even better. I'll make a post once it's actually up -- but I've submitted it to them and everything.

I should have gotten all the suggestions from this first round into it. (With one glaring omission... the updater. Which was my priority. Dang. Could never get it working, so my solution has been to cut it entirely. Guess that's one way to solve the problem, eh?)

So once you give it a play, and see how the new features got added in, you can come up with your next priority. Stargate, I'll put you down for your 'adding more functions' suggestion.
exfret

Post by exfret »

If you're in a hurry just read the bolded stuff in yellow (I had a huge urge to change the font to white, but I refrained). Everything else is just mostly jokes.

Moving unacceleratable stars. And since that's a small thing, I'll be like Voldemort and split my soul (not really). One will be that of ex, another of fr, et al. With multiple small souls, I will choose multiple small features, and since these priorities are for individuals, and each of one of my small souls is an individual, though lesser than the whole individual they add up to (unless you get into relativity, in which case you can't always add the value of two souls together to get the value of the combined soul), it's still completely within rules. Or, I guess I could have just split up my priority instead of my soul, but, eh, it was also part of my evil plan B for dominating the forums, too, so multitasking (even though plan A is working perfectly, and I'm very subtle at it as well! :twisted: ). Anyways, my second priority is life (obviously not my own; being someone who splits their own soul), just a quick-and-dirty adding life to planets randomly and having planets with life make screaming noises with high acceleration or with collisions. This is just so ARP has something to occupy himself with while we warn the federal government that he's planning on ramming an asteroid into the Earth (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=196&start=10#p2338). (I guess this wouldn't concern you, robly, cuz your in Portugal (cuz it has a different federal government (which I guess you could warn anyways (but would they really be able to stop someone in another country? (Good point (I like how you can use parantheses for conversations w/ yourself (I wonder if they match up (I'm probably just wasting your time now (That's okay (No not you, the people reading this)))))))))). I guess it would be fun for me, too, though, being one to recycle the cat in candy clicker (http://candyclicker.tumblr.com/image/65218891834), 3 times. By the way, it is so worth it playing that game just to get to the point where you find a cat in the cookie mines... The makers of that game, I have to say, mastered the implementation of the cat. Just mastered it. That's my third priority btw- kill the cat in candy clicker (you, Andy). And(y), if you can't bring yourself to do it (or if you decide it takes too long to be counted as a small feature), then I'll save my remaining soul (if I happen to have any after killing those three poor kitties in those cookie mines) plus whatever extra soul I get for the third round of priorities. "What does cookie clicker have to do with GSim?" you might ask. Well, the answer, um, well.. I have no idea, but attempting to force you to kill a harmless kitten in a copy of cookie clicker was just on my plan to dominating the forums, so I had to figure out some way to get you to do it! Muahahahahaha (Of course, it's really still your choice whether or not to accept my priority as valid. Ah darn, ruined a good chance at inserting an evil emoji :evil: . Oh wait, nevermind. :twisted: ).
A Random Player

Post by A Random Player »

We already have stars with constant velocity, just check flingable in the edit box for the fixed star.
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
exfret

Post by exfret »

A Random Player wrote:We already have stars with constant velocity, just check flingable in the edit box for the fixed star.
I KNEW IT!! You should include that in the tutorial. Or, not you, Andy.
robly18

Post by robly18 »

Too Long; Didn't Read.

Just saying, exfret, you might want to practice the art of paragraphs. Bolding and yellow(ing?) text isn't enough.
Convincing people that 0.9999... = 1 since 2012