GSim 0.29.03

What did you draw?
Stargate38

Re: GSim 0.29.03

Post by Stargate38 »

Which auto-updater are you using anyway? Can you please update the Humblebundle download?
I LOVE your Gravity Simulator! :)
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

So I spent today downloading a bunch of new software to help us out here. 'Twas a lot of time waiting for loading bars to fill... But for that, I now have windows running on my Mac now, too!

Which means better troubleshooting on my end, and fewer errors that make it out to all of you. Yay!

I understand the problem you've all been having juuuuust slightly better. I can reproduce it, and it does only happen when you update to the new version. If you get the new version fresh, everything is fine. Combine this with the problems people had with v.03, and it seems somehow v.01 is the culprit. (The error itself seems to be a transient bug in unity, rearing its head occasionally but rarely, and disappearing just as mysteriously. Damn how lucky we are!!)

I will get the new version up on humble today (erm, Tuesday). If you see me in the forums, PM me and I can send you a link even before it's approved by humble. The one last thing I want to check is that there's no issues updating this latest version. And now that I have windows, too, I can run some tests.

Thanks for your patience, all!

(Side note, the update is Crafty by Penkura. Very nice people, very quick to respond and be helpful. But, man, not very successful at just solving stuff. They don't think this is their problem... Though it does only happen with the update... And exfret is still having Mac troubles for some reason... So yeah, they tend to leave some open ended mysteries)
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Updater still failing miserably, so I'm not going to send the latest build to Humble quite yet. Should talk with the lead programmer for the updater in a few hours, and hopefully we can make *some* progress here.

That said -- I do have copies of the new version for people. (Cause the game itself works, it's just the updater breaking things). It'll eventually be replaced by the (really) fixed Humble version, but this will get you playing with the latest features right away. If you want it, send me a PM.