GSim 0.30.01

What did you draw?
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: GSim 0.30.01

Post by testtubegames »

exfret wrote:That is, in fact, why I wanted clear to not reset zoom. It seems like one extra "Reset" button that also sets zoom to its default... could be an easy fix.
Agreed. I'll need to do some rearranging of those buttons, the upper-left corner is starting to get crowded (with clear dust and sfx being the latest additions). I'm with you, though -- some judicious use of drop-down/hover could be good.
exfret

Post by exfret »

The drop-down could also include clear dust.
Nobody ever notices my signature. ):
A Random Player

Post by A Random Player »

Bug: After some experiments, I have found that dust does not obey the speed of light (and thus can escape black hole's photon sphere and stuff). The prediction does though, and so do regular asteroids. Separate list bug probably
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

Oh, you are absolutely right - I forgot to connect the dust algorithm (which is especially optimize for speed) to relativity. Thanks for the heads up on that.
exfret

Post by exfret »

Bug: When I set the speed of light to one and make a star, the whole screen turns black.
Edit: Just zoomed out. It's not a bug...
-Also, could you have make the ability to turn off making things larger when you zoom out. It gets annoying sometimes. Especially when the Black Hole encompasses most of your screen anyways. (It doesn't make sense to do it with black holes anyways, since there size is informative, and increasing it makes it seem like the event horizon is increased, too.
Edit #2: It appears when I try to fling something faster than the speed of light, it just sets its velocity to 0. Can you make it so that it only reduces the objects speed back down to the speed of light?
Actually a bug: I can only select the huge black hole in aforementioned situation. (I put asteroids outside the black hole, but whenever I select them, it goes to the black hole.)
Edit #3: Oh noes, my entire screen is black (hole). Also, another bug: After zooming in as much as I can without having the Black Hole envelop my screen, I put an asteroid near the event horizon, and it just disappeared. Objects also aren't that influenced by said black hole, even near the point where they disappear.
Edit #4: Zooming in and panning still needs to be fixed. Also, it appears smaller black holes don't do the larger-when-zoomed-out thing, but something strange was going on for my super-huge black hole.
A Random Player

Post by A Random Player »

Weird bug: Set c to 25 (at least that's what I'm on right now). Put a mass 1000 star, and another so they merge. Since total velocity was 0, they don't move. But add another one, then they move a bit.
$1 = 100¢ = (10¢)^2 = ($0.10)^2 = $0.01 = 1¢ [1]
Always check your units or you will have no money!
exfret

Post by exfret »

Another bug: Stuff is merging when merge is off (I'm on protoplanetary disk w/ c low, so you may just have to add in non-merging for black holes, at least until whatever is merging w/ the black hole gets to its center).
And Yet another bug: I keep on trying planetary disk with c=10, but I get a different-sized black hole every time!!! (I bet ARP would get a giant blue hole (of death)).
Edit: Well, it's more consistent at 0.1x speed (I was running it at 1x), so more of an imprecision issue. Or, not really an issue, because who's gonna expect the sim to even run a hundred or so planets with relativity and spit out the same black hole every time?
-Edit: Switch the home button with the examples button. It makes more sense.
Bug: In the load code, it pastes what you're trying to paste twice.
NealCruco

Post by NealCruco »

I found a small bug. Tab hides the UI, right? Well, it doesn't hide the sfx button.
exfret

Post by exfret »

NealCruco wrote:I found a small bug. Tab hides the UI, right? Well, it doesn't hide the sfx button.
Dun dun duuuun. (Just adding sound effects).
exfret

Post by exfret »

Oh and player-made wiki?