Can time to be introduced in gravity function?

What did you draw?
fsx

Can time to be introduced in gravity function?

Post by fsx »

Would it be possible to incorporate time into the gravity function like we can add "r" and "pi" etc?
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: Can time to be introduced in gravity function?

Post by testtubegames »

I think I could squeeze it in there, though I can imagine it might run pretty slowly (some of the optimizations I've made wouldn't work too well for multiple variables).

I'm curious, was there any particular setup or equation you had in mind?
fsx

Post by fsx »

I would like to be able to transform gravity from being a fixed force to being dynamic and fluid. For that, I need time incorporated into gravity as I need to give it speed to exist.

As in, if gravity is indeed a distortion in space time, that distortion is affected by the speed at which the object is going at.

Einstein rejected Newton's gravity law because Newton considered gravity to be a instantenous force, regardless of distance.

I want to make gravity... travel in space.
Sigh.
I know I sound completely crazy...
fsx

Post by fsx »

I need to be able to multiply gravity by sin(t) with t being time! Is this really impossible?
fsx

Post by fsx »

Can there be an update on this? At this point I'd sell my soul to have this feature in. Seriously. Take it. It's yours if I can have time incorporated in the gravity function!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Post by testtubegames »

That'll be one soul, please.

(Version 0.32.9 is up on Humble, use a lower-case 't' to write time into the force law)
fsx

Post by fsx »

Soul shipped! I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart. Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate!