Reset to initial conditions

What did you draw?
troylanier

Reset to initial conditions

Post by troylanier »

Feature Request:

I make a system with many planets and suns.

I press Play.

They do not do what I want them to do.

I would like to be able to press one button and have the game reset to initial conditions so that I can then tweak one of the planets without having to clear the board and start with new planets.

I realize I could save original and then reload it each time, but this is very tedious when you are doing mulitple iterations on creating a system. Moreover, when working with younger populations the extra button clicks discourages experimentation and requires the teacher have to teach them one more skill. Ideally they could create, play, reset in rapid iteration to learn.

Thanks!
testtubegames
Site Admin

Re: Reset to initial conditions

Post by testtubegames »

I'm wondering if the "Quick Save" and "Quick Load" feature would be what you're looking for. You'll find those buttons in the upper left of the screen. Basically, they work like the old memory button on scientific calculators. Hit quick save to store whatever the current state is. Then hit quick load whenever you want that state to reappear.

So in your case, put in the planets and the sun. And before hitting play, do quick save. Now if things go wrong, you can use quick load to revert to the initial state, and make whatever changes you want.

The idea behind it was just like you mention, to help folks do experiments and iteration easier.